After more then a year I totally got bored of the official vista look and it's wallpapers. Why should I customize my XP to look like vista if I actually have Vista? So it's time for new desktop designs. I recently started to like interior wallpapers rendered in Cinema 4D - they look realistic and beautiful at the same time. I decided to make my Desktop look like a room by adding some elements like this kmplayer skin (Bestview
), working wall calendar, i also wanted some cooler elements - maybe a interactive desktop pet, a recycle bin, aurora neon light under the player but as much as i searched I couldn't find any good ones. Other elements like the sidebar and dock are positioned so they would not spoil the room feeling (the dock is set to autohide on the top). As you can see, I'm still using a Longhorn like taskbar, less visible and with the cool start button by doom1468
- this kind of style doesn't get boring (for now...). Overall the goal of such a desktop design is to have a comfortable and pleasant to the eye desktop, not overcrowded with resource hogging programs. Here is a list of the software I used and why:
Rainmeter sidebar: [link]
- because it takes VERY little resources compared to RTM
Rocket Dock: [link]
- much better optimized then OD and also takes less RAM
Standalone DesktopX calendar thing [link]
- easy to create\edit. (note works only with 1440x900 and\or proportional to the wallpaper resolutions)
- my opinion that it's the best movie player with alot of features and easy access to them.
Icons vista and longhorn stock (because I was too lazy to search for new ones)
) with even more modifications
And for the wallpaper go here: [link]
Comments are welcome!